Many people have problems sleeping and sometimes these problems become chronic and lead to insomnia and sleep disorders.
How can NeurOptimal® help with sleep disorders?
Clients report that after a series of NeurOptimal® sessions they fall asleep more easily, they stay asleep for longer periods of time during the night, they wake up less often, and they feel more rested in the morning.
A good night’s sleep is incredibly important for your health
Having the odd night when we can’t sleep or have a fitful sleep leave us feeling tired and often cranky the next day or a couple of days later. The effects of longer-term sleep deprivation are much harder on our bodies and our overall health. Lack of sleep on an ongoing basis can lead to or heighten anxiety and depression, bring on short and long-term memory issues, weaken our immune system and increase the risk of high blood pressure.
Ingredients of a good sleep routine
- Establish a relaxing bedtime routine, including:
- Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing
- Keep your room at a comfortable, cool temperature
- Minimize your exposure to bright light in the evenings
- Turn off your electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime
- If you are hungry before bed, only eat a light, healthy snack
- Reduce your fluid intake in the evening
- Avoid drinking anything with caffeine or alcohol before going to bed, instead, have an herbal tea
- Set a consistent sleep schedule, i.e. get up at the same time every day, even on weekends
- Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy
- If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet
How can NeurOptimal® help with Sleep Problems?
Overall, NeurOptimal® helps to calm the central nervous system. As the CNS calms, report that the number of times they wake up in the night with their thoughts and/or their heart racing decreases. They are then able to better use tools such as breathing, meditation, listening to quiet music or a podcast to shift their focus and get back to sleep.
The following table comes from the NeurOptimal® Survey of Practitioners, updated in 2014. The table presents the efficacy results for clients seeking training for sleep issues following 5, 10, 15 or 20+ sessions.
The percentages across the top of the table are the estimated degree of improvement in the presenting issue. The percentages in the cells are those trainers reporting the degree of change after the indicated number of sessions. The right-hand column is a summary column showing the percentage of trainers reporting 40% and better improvement. This number was chosen as being the best result that can be expected from many drugs for many of the complaints evaluated.
|SLEEP PROBLEMS*||None||1-10%||11-20%||21-30%||31-40%||41-50%||51-60%||61-70%||71-80%||81-90%||91-100%||>40% Improv|
|After 1-5 Sessions||2%||25%||20%||15%||12%||3%||4%||7%||6%||4%||2%||26%|
|After 6-10 Sessions||0%||5%||11%||18%||16%||15%||9%||11%||7%||2%||5%||50%|
|After 11-15 Sessions||0%||2%||4%||12%||10%||15%||7%||18%||12%||12%||9%||72%|
*Sleep Problems (eg Snoring, Insomnia, Apnea etc)
If you are looking for a natural, drug-free brain training program to improve your sleep in the Ottawa area, book a consultation